Thursday, August 16, 2012

My new blog is a work in progress

I am (as it says to the right) a current PhD candidate at Carleton University and the Canadian Museum of Nature in beautiful Ottawa, Canada. My dissertation is primarily focused on the effects of climate change on Cenozoic mammals (primarily hoofed mammals). I have traditionally worked in the areas of ungulate dietary morphology and tooth wear but over the last two years or maybe more, I have been dabbling in the areas of macroevolution and phylogenetics. I think my interests are generally broad but I have tended focus on morphology and its effects on macroevolutionary patterns. I'm also interested in the successful combination of fossil and extant animals in studies of both macroevolution and climate change. As with most PhD students, I have a long way to go and want to document the process of discovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment